The Carloftis Family invites you for a day in the country during the Rockcastle River Trading Company’s 2010 Christmas Open House.
Saturday November 20, 2010
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
13855 S. Widerness Road • Livingston, KY 40445
For this year’s event, we have gathered many talented Kentuckians who have created special items perfect for your gift giving this holiday season:
* Lisa Mullins from Louisville Stoneware, a Kentucky company in business since 1815, will introduce Stoneware’s new product lines including the popular Jon Carloftis Collection of birdhouses / feeders and herb crocks. Their new contemporary line of tableware and serving pieces is my personal favorite.
* Fran Taylor from Keeneland will be signing her new book, Keeneland Entertains. This book not only provides a personal glimpse of our favorite places to be in the spring and fall, but is loaded with Kentucky's best recipes and ideas for hosting unforgettable parties. You are going to love this book!
*Jason Chadwell will be on hand to offer hand engraved writing papers, made to order, along with an exclusive selection of ready made items.
*Peggy Shannon, owner of Triple Crown Cookies, will tempt those of you with a sweet tooth with her beautiful and delicious cookie collections.
* Jonathon Lundy of Jonathon's Restaurant will be signing his best-selling cookbook, Jonathan’s Bluegrass Table. If you have been to Jonathon's at Gratz Park, you will know why many people say his restaurant is their Kentucky favorite.
* George Gatewood and Vance Evans from Longwood Antique Woods will be showcasing our new line of garden products from the Jon Carloftis America Reclaimed Garden Collection. Pieces from this collection were displayed at the 2010 World Equestrian Games, and are also featured in the November 2010 issue of Country Living.
* Sally Van Winkle Campbell, granddaughter of "Pappy" Van Winkle bourbon fame, will be signing her new book, Saving Kentucky. This book will make any Kentuckian proud and is, without a doubt, the most beautifully photographed book I have ever seen.
And, as always, we will have food, fun and lots of new friends to meet. We look forward to seeing you on the 20th!