The Cultivators are a group of young earth-lovers helping to build the Waterfront Botanical Gardens for Louisville and Southern Indiana. Conceived in January 2016, this group is joining together on the principles of environmental education, sustainability, and strengthening cultural life in our hometown. The Cultivators Council operates under the umbrella of Botanica Inc. and Waterfront Botanical Gardens.
The purpose of the WBG Cultivators is to assist in the development and building of the Waterfront Botanical Gardens through the following activities with individuals in the 35 and under age group:
– Raising awareness
– Encouraging membership among members of the community
– Educational programs
– Volunteer activities
2019 Cultivators council
President – Nicole Humphrey
Vice President – John Haley
Events Council Members
Wilson Ethington – Brandon Harwood -Todd Hudgens – James Padgett – Tonya Record – Josh Shuck
Chad Tolbert – Tom Wilburn
Upcoming Cultivators Events
WEDNESDAY TRIVIA with the cultivators
Select Wednesdays in 2019, 7-9pm
Falls City Brewery
901 E Liberty St, Louisville, KY 40204
Dust off your thinking caps and join the Cultivators for quarterly(ish) trivia from 7-9pm with hosts Allison Whitehouse and Brandon Harwood.
Dates and Deets:
W, Feb. 27
W, Jun. 26
W, Aug. 28
W, Nov. 20
– Max of 6 players per team
– No fee to participate, but any little seeds you’d like to plant in our donation jar will happily be accepted for the cause
– $1 from beers sold during the event comes back to WBG, so show love to us by showing love to our host Falls City
– GENERAL TRIVIA, rounds will be organized by topic and one round per night will have some sort of “green” theme
So come play with us!
We think you’ll really DIG it…
READY TO JOIN US?
As a Cultivator, you’ll have opportunities to join fellow team members in after-work soirees, seasonal events involving the garden site, volunteer opportunities specifically for Cultivators, and serving as an ambassador to the greater Louisville community. To join, use the link below and fill out our membership form.