The Midwest Peony Society is pleased to announce the following private gardens will be open for visitors from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. Sunday, May 15, 2011. Contact Don Smith at 812-923-8113 for questions or visit the web site at: http://home.insightbb.com/~midwestpeonysoc/MIDWESTPEONYSOC/
Admission is free and open to the public.
1. DON & KATHY SMITH –4003 Sylvan Court, Floyds Knobs, IN 47119. The Smith’s property is an acre and a half collector’s garden with more than 500 peonies including herbaceous, Intersectional hybrids, Chinese and Japanese tree peonies and fern leaf rock garden peonies. There are also several recently added unique garden sculptures by Meg White and Don Lawler. Lots of companion plantings including iris, alliums, daylilies, vuburnums, wisteria, desert candles, wood hyacinth, red buckeye, unique trees etc..
2. ROBYN ODELL— 1411 Oxmoor Woods Parkway, Louisville, KY 40222. The Odell garden features a wonderful oriental/Asian design with over 40 tree peonies and many herbaceous peonies in the landscape along with a wonderful array of exotic perennials, shrubs and trees.
3. DR. CLIFFORD BERNER – 109 North Galt Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206. This garden offers one of the largest collections of antique/heirloom herbaceous peonies in the Louisville area, with a backdrop of very large tree peonies, conifers and azaleas
4. JOHN MORGAN – 4537 Southern Parkway, Louisville, KY 40214. This is a relatively new garden started two years ago and featuring many new peony varieties plus more than 400 daylilies and a variety of other plants.
5. JOE & KATHRYN KEHLBECK—7812 Cedar Ridge Ct., Prospect KY 40059. The Kehlbeck garden is located in the estate section of Hunting Creek. Kathryn has both tree and herbaceous peonies interspersed with a variety of other perennials. A feast for the eyes!!!
6. FRANK & HELEN COFFEY- 901 Wickesbury Place, Louisville, KY 40207. This easy to find collectors garden contains a great newer peony collection, daylilies and many other perennials for your enjoyment. A great suburban garden that is beautifully maintained.