- This event has passed.
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Art Museum Tour
The bus tour is coming up this Friday, and we wanted to offer a few reminders!
1. The bus will be departing at 8:00 am, please arrive and park around 7:30 am for check-in.
2. Wear a hat and sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, and bring a reusable water bottle if you have one. It is going to be a rather hot and sunny day in Nashville. We are providing a limited number of umbrellas for additional shade from the sun.
3. We will be providing breakfast food and afternoon snacks, and water on the ride there and back. A box lunch is provided from Cheekwood’s restaurant, the Pineapple Room.
4. The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 7:30 am EST: Arrive departure location and check-in. Louisville Community Boat House, 1325 River Rd.
- 8:00 am EST: Bus departs
- 11:00 am EST: Arrive Nashville
- 11:30-12:30 pm EST: Guided tour of Cheekwood
- 12:30-1:30 pm EST: Lunch (box lunch from Pineapple Room)
- 1:30-3:30 pm EST: Free time at Cheekwood and/or a guided tour by Tavia Cathcart (Art museum, woodland sculpture trail, historic Cheekwood estate, gift shop)
- 3:30 pm EST: Depart for Louisville
- 6:30 pm EST: Estimated Louisville return
We will be meeting at the Louisville Community Boathouse, 1325 River Road. It is also labeled as the “Yellow” parking lot for Waterfront Park. Look for the Waterfront Botanical Gardens signs.
For questions, please contact Becca Barhorst at email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at (502) 276-5404.